Terms and Conditions
- Excess Bags a brand of Cosmotrans International Ltd specialises in the movement of unaccompanied and excess baggage via airfreight. Our rates are compiled using reputable airline carriers and thus ensure that your luggage arrives at its destination in the safest manner.
- Where we use the word "you" or "your" it means the Customer, "We", "our" or "us" refers to Excess Bags a brand of Cosmotrans International Ltd.
- In booking our services the customer acknowledges that the collection, delivery and care in transit are covered by our limited liability of 2 SDR per kg unless specific insurance has been requested in writing. An SDR is quoted by the International Monetary Fund on www.imf.org
- You agree to provide us with full and accurate information by way of completion of our documentation set out on our website.
- You agree to make the package available at this collection address on your chosen collection date between the hours of 08:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday, excluding Bank and Public Holiday.
- Your collection must take place from an easily accessible location at your residence, notably the front door of your residential building. If parking restrictions are in place at your residential building please make us aware of the fact and if no suitable place is available you may need to take your baggage to our vehicle as driver will not be allowed to leave their vehicle due to the restrictions.
- Our drivers perform dozens of collections each day. They will arrive at the address, knock the door and if no one is present or the address is inaccessible they will leave and a false call will be charged. We are able to request our drivers call 1 hour before delivery, if this would be beneficial please request this at the time of booking your collection.
- It is important you label or tag each item clearly stating your name and number to items for identification purposes. If we've had multiple collections in a day shipments can be easily confused if unlabeled.
- Our drivers cannot legally handle items which exceed 30kgs unless you have specifically booked a "Two Man" collection at a premium price disclosed in writing by a member of our staff.
- If your package should exceed 30kgs please contact us and confirm that we are able to handle the movement or at what additional expense will be required to handle the movement.
- If your package exceeds 30kg you may need to assist the driver in lifting the package in to the vehicle. If you are not able to assist, the driver will not be able to complete collection and there will be false call charge.
- If your collection requirements are different to the above please let us know and we will quote you accordingly.
- We charge on either volumetric or actual weight; whichever is the greater. To calculate the volumetric weight:
Note the length, width and height in cm.
Multiply the three numbers together and then divide the total by 6000.
Eg: 1 suitcase 15kgs, length: 85cm, width: 45cm, height: 30cm.
85 x 45 x 30 = 114 750/6 000 = 19kgs
Therefore you will be charged for 19kgs of weight.
- Feel free to use your own bags and suitcases. We secure all of these into a polythene bag and tied using a security tag.
- You can also make use of any new cardboard carton which is double walled and these will be transported as they are.
- It is important that cartons do not have any dead space as they will deteriorate rapidly once something is put on top.
- Please ensure that your name is displayed prominently.
- Do not use cartons displaying the nature of goods inside. This simply serves as advertisement for theft.
- You agree that any hazardous or prohibited items will be declared at time of booking.
- Please inform us of any liquids, medication, aerosol cans, chemicals, food or batteries you intend to send. Whilst not all of the above mentioned are hazardous or prohibited, you need to check and confirm if acceptable to be packing in your baggage. We can only advise you accurately if we have all the relevant information about your shipment.
- Any undeclared hazardous or prohibited items will result in a fine.
- We offer a Door to Door service, a Door to Airport service and an Airport to Airport service.
- Door to Door service - covers collection from your address in the UK through to your residence at your final destination. It includes the import airline arrival fees, a clearance through customs and delivery to your destination address. It excludes any duty, tax, quarantine, storage and customs examination that may be incurred at time of import. For whatever reason if the authorities in destination country prohibit us from committing the customs entry or making the delivery a you have contracted we reserve the right to enlist your intervention to resolving the matter raised by the authority.
- Door to Airport service - covers collection from your address in the UK through to the airport of your destination. This service excludes all import airport handling, customs clearance charges and delivery. It also excludes any duty, tax, quarantine, storage and customs examination that may be incurred at time of import. You will need to arrange the collection of your baggage from the airline or designated warehouse at destination. Your baggage will normally arrive at the destination airport within 5-7 working days, from the day of payment.
- Airport to Airport service - consists of you dropping your baggage off at our warehouse in Feltham, Middlesex and we transport your baggage through to the airport at your destination. This service excludes all import airport handling, customs clearance charges and delivery. It also excludes any duty, tax, quarantine, storage and customs examination that may be incurred at time of import. You will need to arrange the collection of your baggage from the airline or designated warehouse at destination. Your baggage will normally arrive at the destination airport within 5-7 working days, from the day of payment.
- We will take payment once your baggage is in our warehouse and we have been able to confirm all weights and dimensions.
- Payment can be made via electronic bank transfer, cash deposit in to our bank account, credit card (excluding American Express and Diners Club cards) or debit card registered in your name at either your collection address or destination address.
- Cash can not be given to driver at time of collection.
- These are your belongings; please ensure you are always aware of where they are at all times. Do not assume that you will be contacted by the airline / agent on arrival at destination.
- Please be sure you have spoken to the agent / airline at destination before attempting to collect your baggage to ensure your goods have actually arrived at destination and are ready to be collected.
- We can not be held responsible for misinformation from airline online tracking websites.
- Baggage in storage will be bound by the stated terms and conditions and must be furnished to us with the specific intention of being air freighted outside of the United Kingdom.
- Storage facilities are based in a warehouse with appropriate security for their location. If the goods are in our warehouse for more than 2 weeks (14 consecutive days) we reserve the right to charge for the occupied space.
- At no time is your baggage or its contents insured unless you receive an insurance certificate relating to your particular shipment.
- Requests for insurance must be made in writing and instituted prior to us taking control of your consignment.
- If, for any reason, you wish to cancel the movement of your baggage we will return your baggage, less any expense which has already incurred and any expense in returning your baggage to you. Payment will need to be made prior to the handover of your baggage.
- At our discretion a cancellation charge may be applied.
Keep In Mind
- We offer excellent reliability, however due to the nature of air travel, we cannot guarantee delivery times or dates, and therefore we do not recommend this service for time sensitive items.
- The airlines reserve the right to off load freight from the pre-assigned flight without prior notification. We have no control over this and the airline will do all they can to get the shipment on the next available flight. There will also be occasions where flying will be prohibited or limited eg: due to adverse weather conditions or embargos.
- Customs and quarantine holds are an unknown and we cannot be held liable for any delays in this respect.
- We use reputable service providers and therefore loss or damage is extremely rare.
- Your items must be thoroughly packaged and must be able to survive bumps and knocks.
- You agree you will not send anything which may be construed as illegal in any way e.g. prohibited or stolen items.
- You agree you will only use this service to book the collection of your own legal, non prohibited property.
- Cosmotrans International Ltd grants you limited personal use of this site.
- You may not download or modify any portion of the website without prior written consent from us.
- This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of us.
- You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Cosmotrans International Ltd and our affiliates without express written consent.
- Breaching our copyright will result in prosecution.
- We reserve the right to refuse to serve anyone for any reason, which need not be disclosed.
- We will not be held liable for any loss or damaged caused when:
1. We are not in breach of care.
2. You have breached our terms and conditions.
3. It is a non-consumer loss, i.e. lost data, business interruptions and lost profits.
- If any part of these terms and conditions are proved unfair under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999, the remaining contract will still act.
- Excess Bags a brand of Cosmotrans is based in the United Kingdom.
- Customer Services may be contacted by telephone on: 0208 751 2109 (Monday to Friday 9-5, calls charged at the national rate)
- Cosmotrans International ltd, its logos and site content are protected by both U.K. & International copyright law.